East Tennessee Estate Liquidations Services
Many people find themselves at a crossroad in their lives. They may be downsizing, dealing with the death of a parent/grandparent, or moving to an elderly community. An estate sale is a way of turning a houseful of personal property items into CASH (a.k.a. liquidation). We can help you accomplish this by organizing and executing an estate sale on the premises, This will avoid labor and transportation costs involved in moving the items to another location prior to the sale.
Anyone downsizing, moving out-of-state, or liquidating a loved one's household needs an estate liquidator. It is in the best interest of all parties to liquidate as soon as possible to allow the next phase of life to begin. Furniture, clothing, tools, appliances, jewelry, artwork, antiques, collectibles, garden equipment and most any household item has a value to someone. Our customers and clients all love a good sale and some travel a great distance to shop. All you need to do is identify items that you do not want to sell. You can do this with your family or we would be happy to assist you.
Here's a brief overview of the process and the services we offer, from start to finish.
Preparation Research Marketing
Cleaning Pricing Permits (if required)
Sorting Merchandising Clean-up
Clean Out and Clear Out:
It is not always an entire estate that needs liquidating. East Tennessee Estate Liquidations (ETEL) can provide this same service basements, garages, attics, rental properties and MORE. You can quickly and efficiently move an uninhabited property towards "On the Market" status. We leave the home or business clear of all effects of previous occupants and ready for cleaning professionals to add the final touch.. For a quote or more information contact us.
• We are paid on a commission basis to stage and conduct the sale, which means there are no upfront costs to you. Our commission is determined in the initial interview and is based upon the amount of time and manpower required to properly stage and conduct the sale.
• PLEASE DON'T CLEAN OUT AND THROW AWAY OR DONATE ANY ITEMS BEFORE THE CONSULTATION. Often what seems like "junk" to some may be exactly what our buyers and collectors are searching for. Remember, one person's junk is another man's treasure!
• It is best if any and all decisions with heirs regarding the contents be finalized before the consulations..
• Once an agreement is reached, and a sale date chosen, we will set up the estate sale in the residence or location to be determined. We will carefully sort, stage, and price the contents inside the house. Items will be priced appropriately for the estate sale market.
• We take EXCELLENT photographs of the staged areas and featured items in the sale, which are then placed in advertisements on Estatesales.net (the go-to place for estate sale customers), Craigslist, Facebook, and our website. Signs will be posted in the neigborhood as allowed. We will research items as needed, consulting our network of antiques and property specialists, large reference library, and the Internet. We also rely upon our YEARS of experience in the resale marketplace. The sale will be conducted over the weekend or 1 - 3 days depending upon the circumstance. There will be staffed, experienced, and friendly personnel assisting customers. Entry is controlled to limit overcrowding of the residence and small valuable items are sold in a secure manner. We accept cash, credit, and debit to maximize sales.
What can I expect after the sale?
We will provide you with an itemized list and payment, less the commission/fees, within 3 to 5 days after the sale. We can assist with the sale of any items of value remaining after the sale utilizing our auction affiliates or consignment. We work closely with organizations and ministries who are willing to accept donations. The house will be left in a clean condition after the sale.
What do I have to do to prepare for the sale?
RELAX. The ETLS team is qualified and has the tools, resources, and expertise to lead you through a successful estate sale from start to finish. The only thing you need to do is help us identify items that you do not want to sell. You are welcome to do this with your family or we will be happy to assist you. Don't Throw Anything Away unless it is trash. Remember one person's possessions is another person's treasure! From everyday practical household items to vintage antiques, our customers are always looking for that unique item.